Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cake is made in a pie plate and is delish. I got this recipe from a remax card that came in the mail.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pecan halves
- Beayt together eggs, vanilla and oil until well combined. Stir in half of the following; sugar, flour, salt and baking soda. Mix remaining half with the apples and chopped nuts. Combine the 2 mixtures by hand until well mixed.
- Grease a 9" pie plate and spread mixture into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Topping: Combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Drizzle topping over cake and garnish with pecan halves.
Very easy, basic cake. I tried the old skewer-poking trick, to give the caramel sauce somewhere to go after it covered the cake, filled up the bit of room around the edges of the pie dish and started leaking over. The cake is not too sweet and very moist.
We really enjoyed this! The apples gave a nice texture and the caramel sauce was so tasty!