Recipe by carolinafan
Not sure how this casserole got it's name but it is very filling and very tasty.
Top Review by annlouise
This was great! Reminds me of that ol' Mary Poppins tune, "Just a spoonful of Cheez Whiz makes the venison go down..." I forgot to add the seasoning salt and pepper, used straight corn instead of the mixed veggies, and obviously used venison (chewy rib meat, no less). The kids downed it and wanted more. Easy, not so healthy, but sure yummy.
- 1 (8 ounce) jar cheese spread
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn broccoli and red pepper, thawed and drained
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spoon cheese spread into 12x8-inch baking dish; place in oven just until cheese melts; about 5 minutes.
- Using fork, stir milk into melted cheese until well blended.
- Stir in beef, vegetables, potatoes, 2/3 cup French Fried Onions and the seasonings.
- Bake, covered, at 375 for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with Cheddar cheese; sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup onions down center.
- Bake, uncovered, 3 minutes or until onions are golden brown.