Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Delicious recipe. Superb presentation for a dinner party but very easy to make.
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, chopped
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 24 ounces skinless salmon fillet
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice until tender. Set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add leek; sauté until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Cover skillet; cook until mushrooms release their juices, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover skillet. Increase heat to medium-high; sauté until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl. Add rice. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Butter large baking sheet.
- Cut one pastry sheet into 4 equal squares. Divide rice mixture among centers of squares.
- Set salmon atop rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bring pastry corners up around salmon (pastry will not enclose salmon completely.)
- Cut remaining pastry into 4 equal squares. Lay 1 square atop each salmon fillet, tucking corners under bottom pastry to enclose salmon completely.
- Pinch edges together to seal, brushing with egg mixture.
- Arrange salmon packages, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet. Cover and chill 30 minutes. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Keep chilled.).
- Preheat oven to 400°F Brush top of pastry with egg mixture.
- Bake until golden about 30 minutes.