Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Delicious recipe. Superb presentation for a dinner party but very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice until tender. Set aside.
- 2Melt butter in skillet over medium-low heat.
- 3Add leek; sauté until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- 4Add mushrooms. Cover skillet; cook until mushrooms release their juices, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 5Uncover skillet. Increase heat to medium-high; sauté until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- 6Transfer to bowl. Add rice. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- 7Butter large baking sheet.
- 8Cut one pastry sheet into 4 equal squares. Divide rice mixture among centers of squares.
- 9Set salmon atop rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 10Bring pastry corners up around salmon (pastry will not enclose salmon completely.)
- 11Cut remaining pastry into 4 equal squares. Lay 1 square atop each salmon fillet, tucking corners under bottom pastry to enclose salmon completely.
- 12Pinch edges together to seal, brushing with egg mixture.
- 13Arrange salmon packages, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet. Cover and chill 30 minutes. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Keep chilled.).
- 14Preheat oven to 400°F Brush top of pastry with egg mixture.
- 15Bake until golden about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coulibiac (Salmon and Rice in Puff Pastry)
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1058.7
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 157.2 mg
- Sodium 483.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 47.2 g