1/3 Photos of Couldn't Be Easier Slow Cooker Bread
3 hrs 15 mins
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
A fluffy, moist wheat and oat bread with a crisp crust. Perfect for baking bread without an oven in the summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a deep metal or glass bowl or 1 lb coffee can (we use a glass 18 cm Pyrex soufflé dish); turn slow-cooker on high to preheat.
- 2Dissolve yeast in water; combine with milk, oats, salt, oil, honey, egg, and wheat germ.
- 3Add flour and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- 4Turn dough immediately into bowl or can; cover LOOSELY with foil.
- 5In bottom of slow-cooker, place 1/2 cup of water and a trivet or some crumpled foil.
- 6Place can or bowl on this; cover and bake on High for 3 hours.
- 7Note: sides of bread brown and crisp beautifully, top will slightly brown and be soft to touch.
- 8Yield: 1 medium sized loaf of bread.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couldn't Be Easier Slow Cooker Bread
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 213.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g