Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This wasn't originally my recipe, but I've tweaked it several times and now it has become my own. This is the simplest salsa recipe I have ever dealt with and it comes out delicious every time. For mild salsa, only use 3 jalapenos and take the seeds out of two of them.
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 jalapenos, chopped, with seeds (cut off stems!)
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro
- 1 small onion, cut into small enough pieces to fit into the food processor
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
- 6 -7 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 -2 dash cayenne pepper (for a slow heat) (optional)
- Place jalapenos, cilantro, and onions in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Combine everything in a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Store in tightly sealed container in refrigerator.