Recipe by Vicki in CT
Using a flour tortilla makes short work to create this super flavorful one course meal. Absolutely sensational blend of simple, yet flavorful, ingredients. Perfect for a simple lunch or dinner.
Top Review by Nif
Thank you so much for the quick, healthy and tasty lunch! I used a whole wheat tortilla, a tomato on the vine and a basil paste (because I ran out of basil leaves - it's a pure paste). And garlic and mozzarella of course! I heated up a heavy nonstick pan (no oil!) on the stove with a lid on and put the pizza in there. It was done in about 5 minutes and crispy and delicious. I made this for 1, 2, 3 Hit Wonders. Thanks!
- 1 burrito-size flour tortilla
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, thinly sliced (remove seeds and most of the liquid to help insure a crispy crust)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced (jarred is fine)
- 4 -10 basil leaves
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 dash olive oil (can also use peppered flavored oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place cast iron skillet, that has been slightly brushed with olive oil, (or other heavy metaled oven proof pan) in oven for a few minutes to heat.
- Meanwhile, assemble pizza using tortilla as the base, top with tomatoes, garlic, cheese, basil leaves (can leave leaves whole, or julienne). I top with basil last because I love crispy basil. If you don't like basil this way, put under the cheese.
- Place tortilla in hot skillet. It should sizzle. Cook until done (mine takes about 8-10 minutes).