Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is an incredibly easy Crock-Pot recipe that's loaded with flavor. Super tender and moist. Perfect for those days you don't want to mess with dinner.
- 1360.77 g pork tenderloin
- 226.79 g of your favorite barbecue sauce (I prefer 'Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 0.5 ml hot sauce (optional for less sweetness)
- salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper pork loin and place in crock pot.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Pour BBQ sauce over meat.
- Add hot sauce and stir to evenly distribute.
- Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
This is a easy, no-brainer recipe. I throw this into the crock pot before work and come home to delicious goodness. One thing I would like to note is that my crock pot produces a great amount of liquid during cooking. I have found it best to put in a small amount (1/4-1/2) of BBQ sauce for the majority of cooking time , drain the liquid (my crockpot gets SOOOO watery!), and then add the rest of the sauce during the last half hour or so after I have shredded the meat.
It's true, this is a no brainer recipe. I'm not a big fan of BBQ sauce but I got many compliments and it was super easy. The BBQ sauce is undetectable unless you add more to final product. Meat pulled apart easily and very tender.
Dh loved this meal! I used a pork roast as my tenderloins were right at 2 pounds. My roast was just under 3 pounds. I put on high for the first hour and then on low for time as indicated. The meat just fell apart when carved and was so tender. We topped with the juices. I used Baby Ray's as that is our favorite. Very tasty and easy meal. Made for Spring PAC 2009.