Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Bethan in Wales. She's a vegetarian and always attends these wonderful meetings that involve very health conscious people. She often shares things with me and I was delighted when she sent me this little brochure with 3 very interesting Herbal Recipes that were put out by the West Wales Herb Group. I thought I'd share them with everyone on Recipezaar. I haven't made any of these as of yet, but if I do, I'll use agave nectar in it instead of sugar. The cooking time is a guesstimate.
- 3 teaspoons mixed herbs (use 3 different herb combinations such as thyme, sage, fennel seeds, colts foot, hyssop etc.)
- 3 cups water (boiling)
- 1 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- Boil the 3 cups of water and put your herbs of choice into the hot water to infuse.
- Strain though a sieve.
- Add the one cup of honey or maple syrup and cook on a gently rolling simmer until mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour it into a baking tray lined with oiled paper.
- When cool cut into squares.
- Place in a bag with some granulated sugar and sake to coat to prevent sticking.
- Store in a bag.