Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Tasty meat! Excellent sauce! From John Owen via The Seattle Intelligencer (great name for a newspaper, huh?) If your meat is a cheaper cut, you might want to tenderize it first. Or simmer it for a longer period of time. Once I used bison; it was great. I don't always use the cheese.
- 907.18 g top round steaks
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml instant coffee
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml cooking oil
- 118.29 ml onion, thinly sliced (I used more)
- 118.29 ml beef bouillon
- 118.29 ml red wine
- 158.51 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- With a knife, score the steak lightly on both sides. Mix together the flour, salt, paprika, coffee and garlic powder. Rub into both sides of the steak.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Brown the meat on both sides, then add the onions, bouillon and wine.
- Cover the pan and simmer ingredients about 90 minutes or more until tender, adding more bouillon if needed.
- When meat is tender, sprinkle with cheese and serve.