Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a comfort dish, and done in the microwave. It makes a good side to roast, steak, or chicken.
- 8 red potatoes, about 1 lb. cut in half
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoni or 1⁄4 cup salami, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In 12X8 baking dish, arrange potato halves, cut side up, around edges of dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon water and cook, covered, on high, 8-10 minutes until tender, rotating dish halfway through cooking time; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Place this mixture on cut sides of potatoes and cook on high 1-2 minutes until cheese melts.
This is so easy but tastes fab! I also added some halved cherry tomatoes to the mix and topped with sour cream, mmm delish, will definately make these again!
Yummy potatoes! I tossed them with Greek Seasoning for extra flavor and finished them in the oven so the cheese would brown a bit. Also, since DH doesn't like salami or pepperoni I used 3 strips of crispy bacon which he really liked. Look forward to making this again.
Quick and easy to make. We all enjoyed this. I made this as written. I love cooking in my microwave, it makes life so much easier at times. This will be made again as it is made with ingredients I normally have on hand. Made for Fall PAC 2008.