Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A carrot cookie courtesy of Wilton from Razzle Dazzle site.
- cooking oil or cooking spray
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray cookie mold with cooking oil spray. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add orange zest, egg and vanilla. Mix to blend. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with carrots; mix until well combined. Stir in nuts, if used.
- Press about 2 tbsp dough into each pan cavity; press in sticks and cover with 1 tsp dough.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are a light golden color. Cool in pan on baking rack for 15 minutes then with thin spatula, gently loosen the edge and remove from pan. Cool cookies on rack completely before icing.
- Decorate as desired using pastry bag or ready-to-use tubes of icing.