Recipe by Barbara Steele
This is so fun to make together with your kids, and always gets oohs and aahs from children and grownups alike. I remember my mother making a version of this when I was young, so it brings back fond memories to serve it now. For an Easter potluck, I used these as an adjunct to Tom Lambie's Cherry Fluff Salad, Recipezaar #10088, by placing the bunnies on lettuce leaves around the edge of a large tray, with a large bowl of the fluff in the center. Quite a nice response from the group as a result.
- 1 chilled pear, half
- 1 red-hot candies
- 1 raisins, cut in half
- 2 slivered almonds, pieces
- 1 scoop cottage cheese or 1 scoop marshmallows
- curly leaf lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pear half, cut side down, on individual lettuce leaf.
- Making small slits to help hold in place, add red hot for nose, raisin halves for eyes, almonds for ears, and cottage cheese for tail.
- If serving very soon, the marshmallow is a fun substitute for a tail; exposed to air too long, it will become much less appealing!