1/8 Photos of Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Southern Polar Bear's Note:
This is a very soft and light cheesecake, not heavy and dense like New York cheesecakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Prepare an 8-inch round cake pan by lightly greasing and lining the bottom and sides of it with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper. Note: You don't want to use a springform pan unless it is water tight because this cake is baked in a water bath.
- 3Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler.
- 4Cool the mixture.
- 5Fold in the flour, cornstarch, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.
- 6Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- 7Add the sugar into the egg white mixture and whisk until soft peaks form.
- 8Add the egg white mixture to the cheese mixture.
- 9Carefully fold until well blended! Do not overmix or the cheesecake will be dense and heavy.
- 10Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- 11Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 173.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g