1/1 Photo of Cotton Pickin' Cake
True Texas's Note:
This cake has many names according to the newspaper, Pig Pickin' Cake, Turkey Cake, Sunshine Cake or Nancy Ware Cake. This cake must be kept refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, with juice
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Icing recipe follows
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (8 -9 ounce) container dessert whipped topping
- 1 (3 ounce) vanilla instant pudding mix, uncooked
- 1Mix cake mix, oranges and juice, eggs and oil in electric mixer until orange slices are broken up and batter is fluffy - about 3 minutes.
- 2Divide among three greased and floured 9-inch layer cake pans and bake at 350°F, about 20 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 3Cool on rack. When layers are cool, ice between layers, sides and top.
- 4Icing directions:.
- 5Blend pineapple and juice, dessert topping and dry pudding mix until well mixed. Keep under refrigeration until used.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cotton Pickin' Cake
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 439.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g