This is an Adopted Recipe. As the reviews have stated, they really do not taste like cotton candy...more like an old fashion tea cookie. I don't really know why they are called cotton candy, but I can visualize these cooked in different colors of pastel and served on a platter, and they would indeed LOOK like cotton candy. These cookies are delicious!
- Cream together the granulated sugar, powdered sugar, butter, and cooking oil.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, (the next four ingredients) and mix to incorporate.
- Roll dough into small balls about the size of a quarter.
- With a heavy bottomed crystal vase with a decorative bottom, or other cookie press, dip in sugar to coat well.
- Smash each ball of dough so they are spread out and flat.
- Leaving an imprint and sugar.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes, until the edges just start to turn slightly brown.
- Do not bake too long.
- Cool on the baking sheet briefly then transfer to wire rack to cool the rest of the way.