Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an Adopted Recipe. As the reviews have stated, they really do not taste like cotton candy...more like an old fashion tea cookie. I don't really know why they are called cotton candy, but I can visualize these cooked in different colors of pastel and served on a platter, and they would indeed LOOK like cotton candy. These cookies are delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream together the granulated sugar, powdered sugar, butter, and cooking oil.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, (the next four ingredients) and mix to incorporate.
- Roll dough into small balls about the size of a quarter.
- With a heavy bottomed crystal vase with a decorative bottom, or other cookie press, dip in sugar to coat well.
- Smash each ball of dough so they are spread out and flat.
- Leaving an imprint and sugar.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes, until the edges just start to turn slightly brown.
- Do not bake too long.
- Cool on the baking sheet briefly then transfer to wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
Made half a batch of these cookies, and I used cotton candy oil for flavour. The taste of the cookie is fine but they are very dry, and I did not over bake them. Need a glass of milk or a cup of tea. Half a batch and making small I got four dozen .
Wow!!! this is sooo great. even though i wanted cotton candy ice cream i found this and its soooo great thanks!! =D
WOW I made this recipe for the New Revised Bargain Basement Game 2006. I have a hard time believing that these cookies have anything under a 5 star rating!! I made these with a query eye wondering if they were going to be flavorless. I was very happy, extatic when I tried these cookies!! WOW!! My husband didn't want to try them, then when he did he wouldn't stop, he asked me why I made them, 'cause he was hooked!! They are not REALLY sweet they are just perfect. If you do use food coloring I found that red or pink does the best in coloring. I would encourage everyone to give these a try!!