Recipe by Montana Heart Song
A make ahead meal, ideal for after the game supper or potluck or hungry teens. I use mild Ortega green chiles but you can use hotter chiles if you wish.I used to make (3) pans of this when kids were home & cook a 13 to 14 lb roast for supper. Oh, my those were the days. Happiness and laughter! Fritos fit the bill for this recipe.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (or pepper jack soup)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red peppers, strips or 1⁄2 cup pimiento, pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) canortega mild green chilies, chopped
- 1 (21 ounce) package Frito corn chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine chicken,soup, sour cream, green pepper, red pepper strips, green chiles.
- Spray 9 X 13 pyrex baking dish with Pam.
- Preheat over 350*.
- Spread a layer of Frito corn chips on the bottom.
- Carefully spoon, chicken, chile mixture over the chips.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake 1 hour.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Just use extra 9 X 13 baking pans.