Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A make ahead meal, ideal for after the game supper or potluck or hungry teens. I use mild Ortega green chiles but you can use hotter chiles if you wish.I used to make (3) pans of this when kids were home & cook a 13 to 14 lb roast for supper. Oh, my those were the days. Happiness and laughter! Fritos fit the bill for this recipe.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (or pepper jack soup)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red peppers, strips or 1⁄2 cup pimiento, pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) canortega mild green chilies, chopped
- 1 (21 ounce) package Frito corn chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Pam cooking spray
- In large mixing bowl, combine chicken,soup, sour cream, green pepper, red pepper strips, green chiles.
- Spray 9 X 13 pyrex baking dish with Pam.
- Preheat over 350*.
- Spread a layer of Frito corn chips on the bottom.
- Carefully spoon, chicken, chile mixture over the chips.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake 1 hour.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Just use extra 9 X 13 baking pans.
I chose this for PAC spring '08 and prepared it for watching a basketball game at my home. The whole family really loved it. Thanks for posting.
Good stuff! I used roasted red peppers and colby-jack. The teen boys in my house really liked it. Will make again. Thanks for the recipe!
This is a great recipe to make for while you are watching a game at home. It goes together fast and it has a nacho-like quality and could easily be adapted to personal family preference. I'm going to try offering toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream,guacamole, salsa, etc that can be eaten on top or on the side as a salad! And it makes alot!