Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Bed and Breakfast recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper; beat well, and stir into white sauce.
- Cook, stirring often, until eggs are firm but still moist.
- Serve immediately.
This was delicious! I've used cottage in my scrambled eggs before but the white sauce definitely added an extra dimension. Thank you.
Sorry, we really didn't like the texture, not sure what happened but it almost tasted grainy?!?
I loved this recipe! I was only cooking for one, so I cooked it in a skillet rather than a sauce pan, but it came out wonderfully. I piled the eggs on top of a bagel and it made a very easy, filling breakfast. Thanks!