Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from Gooseberry Patch Light & Easy recipe cookbook. I love cottage cheese and vegetables so this was just up my alley. There are other recipes out there but this is just a little different.
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (I use 2)
- 1⁄4 cup radish, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, sliced
- 12 ounces container low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- l/ 8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Combine broccoli, cauliflower and water in a saucepan; heat over medium heat until crisp-tender. Drain and let cool. Combine all the remaining ingredients except paprika in a large bowl. Mix lightly and stir in cooled vegetables. Sprinkle with the paprika. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Very healthy yet easy to make. I used fresh organic ingredients some of which came from our CSA box last week. I blanched the cauliflower and broccoli for about 45 seconds in boiling water, drained then quickly submerged in cold water to stop the veggies from cooking any further. The cauliflower and broccoli were chopped small in a mini food processor, too, before adding to the mixture. Local Nancy's cottage cheese was used and the mixture was served over greens-mostly arugula. A light sprinkle of smoked Spanish paprika for standard to add a bit of "kick". Thanks for posting! Really good! Reviewed for Australian/NZ Recipe Swap #50.
This recipe was super yummy!!!! The veggies went so well together with the cottage cheese and spices. Every bite held a new flavour and I just couldnt stop eating. :) I liked how easy and quick this was to prepare and how nice it tasted. I will certainly make this again! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, mama smurf! Made and reviewed for the Diabetic Pool Party and the Herb of the Month in the French Forum May 2010.