Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use the fat-free cottage cheese and you have a great low-cal dish. I could eat this every day!
- 1 (24 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1⁄3 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 leaf lettuce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Line plates with lettuce.
- Scoop the salad onto the lettuce.
Quick and easy to make. I made this for my husband's lunch, more than for myself as I've never been wild about cottage cheese. I tried it though, so I could review it, and I really liked it. I'll be making it more often for me! A great, healthy dish. Thanks.
This is a fine dish, quick and healthy. Had I still been on my low-carb diet, I would have rated it with five stars, as one's side-dish options are greatly reduced on such a diet and any dish that would be average on the standard diet, taste even better on a low-carb diet, IMO.
This had a refreshing flavor for summertime dining. My only reccomendation would be to cut the cucumber to a half a cup. It seems to overpower the rest of the vegetables, otherwise I will make this again.