3 hrs 10 mins
I have made cottage rolls often but couldnt find a recipe here on Zaar so I thought I would post my old standby. It is like a corned beef flavour wise but it is a ham made from pork shoulder. It is much cheaper than pork roast, ham or corned beef usually.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cottage roll in roasting pan or crockpot.
- 2Surround it with potatoes, carrots, onion and cabbage if you like.
- 3You can add as many as will fit or what you need for supper or use any size cottage roll that will fit.
- 4Sprinkle with pepper and cover roast 3/4 with water.
- 5cover and Bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours or in crockpot on high 6 hours or low 8-10 hours.
- 6Cottage roll should fall apart like a pot roast.
- 7Serve with mustard (dijon is my favorite).
- 8The leftover stock can be spiced up as a gravy or makes a great bean or pea soup base.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Roll /Cottage Ham
Serving Size: 1 (745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.2
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 177.2 mg
- Sodium 5236.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 82.4 g