1/1 Photo of Cottage Pudding Cake
This is one of my favorite family recipes. It is a simple, sturdy white cake with vanilla-flavored syrup poured atop. It is best served piping hot on a cold winter's day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2For the cake, combine first seven ingredients (butter, sugar, egg, milk, flour, baking powder and salt). Pour batter into a greased 13" x 9" cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- 3To make the sauce, combine the last five ingredients (sugar, boiling water, butter, flour and vanilla) in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. The sauce will be thin.
- 4Slice cake into 2-inch pieces and place each piece in a bowl to serve.
- 5Pour a liberal amount of the sauce over each warm piece of cake and serve immediately. Do not pour sauce over entire cake, as it will become soggy.
- 6Store left-over cake at room temperature for up to three days. Store sauce in refrigerator and warm in microwave when re-use desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.0
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 184.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g