Recipe by mollypaul
Not so much what you would consider a pudding as more of a warm cake with sauce. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time approximate.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup other shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 13 x 9" pan very well.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat thoroughly.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture alternatively with milk.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cut in squares and serve warm with nutmeg sauce or strawberry sauce.