Recipe by Barb in WNY
To my husband the only way to have potatoes is mashed. I'm trying to widen his horizons by try different potato recipes like this one. (Also I get tired of the same thing over and over again.)
Top Review by jan pan
This is the potato recipe I use for Christmas dinner every year. It looks festive with the green peppers and pimientos in it. And, it is so good and cheesy and the leftovers are great, too. I use one 8 oz bag of the shredded Velveeta for the cheese. It is easier that cubing cheese and it incorporates itself into the potatoes better.
- 10 -12 medium potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- 8 ounces process American cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 30 minutes or until done; drain.
- Allow to cool to the touch.
- Peel and dice.
- Sauté onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Combine potatoes, onion mixture, salt and remaining ingredients; stir gently.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13 X 9-inch baking dish; cover and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover; and bake an additional 10 minutes.