Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
from msn.com site
- 125 g potato gnocchi
- 1⁄4 cup grated tasty cheese
- fresh snipped chives, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 eshallot onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 250 g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup beef stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven at 220°C/200°C fan-forced.
- Cook gnocchi in a pot filled with plenty of boiling salted water. As soon as gnocchi has risen to surface of the boiling water, rinse under cold water and drain well. Toss in a little oil to prevent sticking.
- To make filling, heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion, garlic, zucchini, carrot and bay leaves, cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add mince, cook until browned all over. Stir in flour, tomato paste and then Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Gradually stir in stock, bring to boil and then cook over a med-high heat, uncovered for 5 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into an oven-proof dish (approximately 300ml capacity). Top with gnocchi and cheese.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and mixture is bubbling.
- Serve garnished with chives.
Yummy! didnt have zucchini or carrot so put some tinned tomatoes, mushrooms and red capsicum in instead. I also put in a bit of dijion mustard and bbq sauce just ensure the mix was nice and tasty - it did make it pretty rich.
The gnocchi made a nice change from regular mash on top of this pie. I made a double recipe subbing peas for the zucchini and reducing the beef mince to 350g (500g is a huge serve for two!) and even that much made for a super generous serve with the vegies in there.