- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon savory
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut in pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in 9-inch skillet. Add onion and cook until slightly browned, stirring.
- Add ground beef, salt, ground pepper and savory and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in gravy and heat until bubbling.
- Spoon into buttered 8-cup flat casserole dish. Top meat mixture with mashed potatoes. Dot with butter pieces.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. .
- From Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room in the United Kingdom Pavilion of the World Showcase in Epcot theme park.