Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Another great recipe from the 1977 "Introducing Cottage Cheese" from Borden. "Cottage cheese enhances the delicate flavor or oregano" in these rolls.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, oregano and salt.
- Mix well.
- Cut in butter/margarine until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Blend in cheese, egg and yeast.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface; knead.
- Shape into a ball; place in a well-greased bowl.
- Brush top with butter.
- Cover and let rise (about 45 minutes).
- Punch down and shape as desired (rolls or crescents).
- Brush again with butter; cover.
- Let rise again (about 30 minutes).
- Bake 12-15 minutes in 375-degree preheated oven.