2 hrs 15 mins
Janet Knowles's Note:
Another great recipe from the 1977 "Introducing Cottage Cheese" from Borden. "Cottage cheese enhances the delicate flavor or oregano" in these rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, oregano and salt.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Cut in butter/margarine until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 5Blend in cheese, egg and yeast.
- 6Turn onto a well-floured surface; knead.
- 7Shape into a ball; place in a well-greased bowl.
- 8Brush top with butter.
- 9Cover and let rise (about 45 minutes).
- 10Punch down and shape as desired (rolls or crescents).
- 11Brush again with butter; cover.
- 12Let rise again (about 30 minutes).
- 13Bake 12-15 minutes in 375-degree preheated oven.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Herb Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (808 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 162.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g