Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Food From Green Places: Vegetarian Recipes From Garden & Hedgegrow. Personally, I like using fresh vegetables, even if they're not from my garden. The herbs suggested in the recipe include chervils, parsley, mint and balm or other herb favourites.
- 1 head lettuce, washed and shredded
- 2 baby carrots, diced
- 75 g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 100 g shelled garden peas, blanched
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced and blanched
- handful alfalfa sprout
- handful of chopped mixed fresh herbs
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
- Dress with a herb vinaigrette.
Made this according to the recipe, with one small exception ~ Almost always (this time as well) I leave peas uncooked! As a kid I used to help a grandma shell tubs of fresh peas, & the taste of 'em right out of the pod always brings back memories of her! But, back to this salad ~ Wonderful, easy to prepare, & a great combo of flavors! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This made a nice salad for lunch! I used romaine lettuce and a red wine vinaigrette. Thanks! Made for Potluck Party tag game.