Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A different twist on cole slaw. This is from my Southern Living cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 6 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- Combine cheese and mayonnaise, mixing well. Stir in vinegar, onion juice, salt, and pepper; add caraway seeds.
- Combine the cabbage and apples; add green pepper.
- Pour cheese mixture over cabbage mixture, tossing lightly. Chill for several hours before serving.