Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for breakfast or lunch or as a crunchy side dish at supper.
- 3⁄4 cup cooked vermicelli
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Mix the vermicelli, cottage cheese, egg yolks, chives, onions, flour, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, tehn fold lightly into cottage cheese mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls into hot oil and brown on both sides.
- Drain well on paper towels.
I am not going to rate this because there was nothing wrong with the recipe, I just didn't care for the taste. I had some cottage cheese and leftover vermicelli, so I thought I'd try it out. The flavor was ODD, and the texture kind of slimy. Even when fried crispy the noodles were still slimy, and the texture made me gag. This is not something I'd ever make again.
Fantastic recipe! This is one of the best! I used Ricotta by mistake. DH loved so much! Thanks!