Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favorite snacks growing up in southern California with plump berries from Portland, OR. Now that I'm in Norway and surrounded by free-for-all blueberry bushes, I can't wait until the blueberries become ripe and ready in August, so I can start enjoying this simple treat again. I don't add honey when I make it for myself. Feel free proportions to adjust to your own cottage cheese to fruit ratio preferences. :)
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey, if you prefer to sweeten
- 1⁄3 ripe banana, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh blueberries or 2 -3 tablespoons sliced strawberries
- Slice banana.
- Top cheese with banana and berries.
- If using honey, either mix in with cheese first or drizzle on top.
Great, easy, healthy breakfast, lunch or snack! I usually sweeten my cottage cheese with sugar or splenda, but using the honey was really good. I used blueberries this time but will love it with strawberries too. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009
The full recipe made 2 generous breakfast servings with a whole grain muffin. Fast, easy and something I will repeat. Made for *PAC Autumn*