Recipe by aslerch
This recipe came from a family cookbook of a close friend from Manitoba. The recipe is obviously intended for large quantities so it will need to be halved (or more) for individual use. Excellent spread on Easter Bread.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butter or 1 1⁄2 lbs margarine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white sugar (approx. 3 1/2 cups)
- 10 grated hard boiled egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups cereal cream or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream cottage cheese, butter and sugar together.
- Beat until fluffy and add the grated egg yolks.
- Heat cream with vanilla in a small pot over medium heat just until bubbles appear. Don't boil.
- Add all at once to cottage cheese mixture; mix well.
- For a smoother spread, process small portions at a time in blender.
- Turn into freezer container.
- To use within a week or two, refrigerate.