Recipe by Ben's Mom
Great salad that is filling. Don't let the dressing scare you away. I thought it sounded a bit odd but this is now one of our favorites. It is from Taste of Home
Top Review by CASunshine
This was an odd combination of ingredients that made a surprizingly good salad. The bitter spinach and savory cottage cheese was complimented by the sweet, kicky dressing. Thanks for an easy to put together, good for you recipe!
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 (12 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large serving bowl layer spinach and cottage cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- If you are not planning to serve the entire salad only put dressing on what you plan to eat.
- The leftovers can be stored w/o the dressing on for later.
- I also used more horseradish as we like things to have a little bit of a bite to them.