Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This quiche has a totally different texture than normal ones. Even quiche and cottage cheese haters love it!
- 16 ounces cottage cheese (fat free to full fat, it all works)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 6 slices vegetarian bacon (or regular)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pie crust
- Cook "bacon" until crispy. Lay pie crust in pie pan and cover with swiss cheese. Crumble bacon on top. Beat eggs and then mix with cottage cheese. Pour over bacon and swiss in pie shell. Bake 40-50 minutes at 350°F Quiche will appear a tad liquidy (but not jiggly), but it's done and moisture will disappear after sitting to cool a bit.
- Alternative use 3 pieces of bacon in the quiche and keep 3 to crumble on top of quiche after removing from the oven.
This quiche is wonderful. DH loved it even though I used veggie bacon and 1% cottage cheese making it a lot more low fat than most quiches. Made for Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbooks Tag Game.
Great flavor and so easy! I used fat free cottage cheese and canadian bacon. Thanks for a great recipe!
As easy as the "quick-step" and such an thrill to pull this out of the oven, after so little effort. I made my crust, put the swiss cheese on bottom, used some bacon that I had fried this morning for breakfast, and thought I would add some asparagus that I needed to use up. Talk about getting a fork, and hiding in the closet eating it all. No, I didn't, but I sure wanted too! A great quiche, that men love too! Made for your win *Pets Forum Halloween* Novembre 2009