Recipe by windhorse23
This recipe has been in our family for so many years, I no longer remember where it came from. It's easy and quick and people seem to really enjoy it.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
My family also has this recipe but it's slightly different: the cottage cheese is onion-chive variety and there is no fresh onion. The 1/2 cup of grated cheese is swiss. Instead of two eggs there are four eggs plus 1/3 cup half and half.
- 1 prepared unbaked pie shell (store bought, such as Pillsbury)
- 2 cups cottage cheese (not lowfat)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fried onions, crushed or 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pie shell at 400 degrees for about 3-5 minutes.
- Combine rest of ingredients except fried onions.
- Stir to mix.
- Place mixture in pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fried onions (or breadcrumbs).
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.