Recipe by twissis
This recipe is being entered for ZWT II & my source is fooddownunder.com. Funny the things you can find after so many yrs of loving & craving Czech kolaches. I was raised on them, but this kolache variation sounds wonderful to me & is so easy to make. This may well become my NEW favorite kolache! (Yield depends on size of tart made & has been "roughly estimated". Time does not include time to chill the dough.)
Top Review by Vseward (Chef~V)
Grabbed and Tagged for 1-2-3 hit wonders game. These were very delish and easy to make. I was really impressed. I couldn't taste the cottage cheese but I think it helped in binding the dough. It's definitely a keeper! Nice with a cup of coffee. So glad I picked this one. Thanks for sharing!! :chef: ~V
- 1 cup cottage cheese (well-drained)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups bread flour
- 12 teaspoons strawberry preserves (or as required)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cream butter till fluffy. Add cottage cheese & blend VERY well.
- Work in flour & chill dough thoroughly.
- Roll on lightly floured surface into thin sheets & cut into squares.
- On ea square of dough, place 1 teaspoon of strawberry preserves. Fold over to make a triangle & press edges together w/tines of a fork.
- Place on baking sheet, bake for 15 min & serve warm.
- NOTE: Altho strawberry preserves are used in this recipe, more typically Czech fillings are suggested as well & include: prune, apricot or date-nut.