1/1 Photo of Cottage Cheese Pocket Tarts - Czech
This recipe is being entered for ZWT II & my source is fooddownunder.com. Funny the things you can find after so many yrs of loving & craving Czech kolaches. I was raised on them, but this kolache variation sounds wonderful to me & is so easy to make. This may well become my NEW favorite kolache! (Yield depends on size of tart made & has been "roughly estimated". Time does not include time to chill the dough.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Cream butter till fluffy. Add cottage cheese & blend VERY well.
- 3Work in flour & chill dough thoroughly.
- 4Roll on lightly floured surface into thin sheets & cut into squares.
- 5On ea square of dough, place 1 teaspoon of strawberry preserves. Fold over to make a triangle & press edges together w/tines of a fork.
- 6Place on baking sheet, bake for 15 min & serve warm.
- 7NOTE: Altho strawberry preserves are used in this recipe, more typically Czech fillings are suggested as well & include: prune, apricot or date-nut.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheese Pocket Tarts - Czech
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.3 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g