Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is being entered for ZWT II & my source is fooddownunder.com. Funny the things you can find after so many yrs of loving & craving Czech kolaches. I was raised on them, but this kolache variation sounds wonderful to me & is so easy to make. This may well become my NEW favorite kolache! (Yield depends on size of tart made & has been "roughly estimated". Time does not include time to chill the dough.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cream butter till fluffy. Add cottage cheese & blend VERY well.
- Work in flour & chill dough thoroughly.
- Roll on lightly floured surface into thin sheets & cut into squares.
- On ea square of dough, place 1 teaspoon of strawberry preserves. Fold over to make a triangle & press edges together w/tines of a fork.
- Place on baking sheet, bake for 15 min & serve warm.
- NOTE: Altho strawberry preserves are used in this recipe, more typically Czech fillings are suggested as well & include: prune, apricot or date-nut.
Grabbed and Tagged for 1-2-3 hit wonders game. These were very delish and easy to make. I was really impressed. I couldn't taste the cottage cheese but I think it helped in binding the dough. It's definitely a keeper! Nice with a cup of coffee. So glad I picked this one. Thanks for sharing!! :chef: ~V
I used apricot preserves for this and it tasted good. I guess you can really just enjoy it when it's still warm from the oven, otherwise the next day it, you can use them as shurikens cause they get quite hard. Good with some tea though! :)
twissis what a great little treat. I would have never known there was cottage cheese in this. I thought my edges were sealed, but some of the filling leaked out, but not enough to matter as the taste of these is just wonderful. Very simple to make. I didn't chill my dough very long, since I always have trouble with that type of dough, but it was easy to work with. Thanks sweetie for a great keeper.