Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I prefer this Amish pie with a graham cracker crust, but my family always used the pastry crust. Since this recipe makes 2 pies, try one of each. Ricotta cheese may be substituted for the cottage cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Place cottage cheese in strainer and let drain for about 1 hour or until most of liquid has been drained.
- Combine all ingredients except egg whites; mix well.
- Beat egg whites until firm.
- Fold into batter until smooth.
- Pour into pie crusts.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce oven to 350º and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on racks.
- Flavor improves if served a day after baking.