Recipe by Covelli
Ok, ok...I know this sounds completely strange, but these little guys are really good. This is a recipe from my m-i-l. It's something that she makes for her church. Give it a whirl if you're bored. I serve it with a side of bacon lentils (oh yes, even lentils are great as long as there's some bacon in it!) I'll post that recipe later on.
- 72 ritz whole wheat crackers (2 sleeves crushed)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump everything in a bowl (except the oil). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Preheat a skillet over med. heat.
- Create little patties by hand just as you would normally with anything else.
- Fry them in the skillet until golden brown and heated through.
- These freeze well too I'm told.
- My husband's grandmother serves some sort of mushroom gravy on these, but I've never tried it so I can't really say if that's the bee's knees or not:).