Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
These wonderful appetisers were submitted by K. Varna, a 13 yr. old to Young Times and won this little gem the title of 'Chef of the week' for the first week of May. Enjoy this little one's creation to the max!
Top Review by CookingTimeForMe
I really enjoyed this nifty little dish. My husband and I love paneer, so this was a god recipe to find. In response to Mrs. B's question about the cutlets sticking to the pan, just use a silicon or teflon lined pan (I know teflon is out of avour right now, but I haven't died yet, so I'll continue to use it). Very tasty, thanks for posting, Charishma!
- 2 cups cottage cheese, grated (paneer)
- 2 teaspoons gram flour (besan)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 3 -5 fresh green chilies, washed and chopped,to taste
- red chili powder, to taste
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 cup chopped onion
- salt, to taste
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the grated cottage cheese in a bowl.
- Add the gramflour, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste and the chopped onions.
- Mix extremely well.
- Make round balls, about 1 inch in diameter, out of the mixture.
- Gently, flatten all the balls.
- Heat oil in a flat frying pan.
- Place the flattened balls on the pan.
- Shallow fry the balls on either side till they turn golden brown.
- Drain on clean paper towels.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or corriander and mint chutney (recipe posted separately).