Recipe by dreamweavers
This is a recipe I used to make a couple of years ago when following Slimming World. I lost it for a while and then remembered I had emailed it to a friend. I am now putting it here for safety. This makes a batch of 10 (in my world). They freeze well and all you have to do is pop a frozen one in the toaster on a morning. It is important to keep track of the weights used so that you can work out how much mixture to put into each portion.
- 10 rye crispbread, I use Original Ryvita (HexB or 1.5 syns each /10PP , approx 103g)
- 270 g oats (HexB or 5 Syns = 27g or 9PP)
- 373 g cottage cheese, low fat (FREE or 7PP)
- 5 eggs (FREE or 10PP)
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener (FREE or 0PP)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence (FREE or 1PP)
Directions See How It's Made
- You need to keep track of the weights so that you can get figure out the final amount of batter needed for each portion. Yes maths is involved sorry!
- Food process the Ryvita to break it up and then add the oats, whiz again, till you get a medium to fine consistency (depends on how big you like the oats in the final product).
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and weigh it (Approx 373g).
- Weigh out an amount of cottage cheese equal to the weight of the dry ingredients (373g).
- Mix eggs, sweetner and essence together then make up to a final weight of 460g using water
- Break down the cottage cheese if wanted (I don't bother).
- Place dry ingredients, cheese and egg/water mix in a bowl / mixer and mix.
- Please note: the mixture at this point is quite thick and how you intend to cook it will help you decide how thick you want it. I cook mine in a waffle iron so the final amount of liquid added is taking that into account.
- Remember I asked you to keep track of the weights, below shows why:.
- 103g(Ryvita) + 270g(oats) + 373g(Cheese) + 460g(egg/water mix) = 1206g
- + water addition for preferred consistency (e.g 250ml = 250g) = 1456g.
- Amount of batter per pancake 1456 / 10 = 145.6g, weigh this out into a cup and pour into waffle iron as you cook.
- Top with your favourite toppings.
- This amount of batter can be used for how ever many pancakes / waffles you want. Just recalculate Syns / PP as needed.
- Total PP per serving= 4PP (works out at 3.7).
- Syns depends if doing Red, Green or EE day, calculate as required.