Recipe by P4
These are my son's favorite pancakes. They are fast and easy and really, really delicious.
Top Review by Natural Health #263621
These were great! I don't like cottage cheese and was really afraid to try them let alone make them. But they taste great and my DH love them as well. One change I made I use just the white of the eggs and not the yolk. Still great. Plan on making them again and again. Thanks P4
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk the cottage cheese together with the remaining wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet into the dry and mix just until incorporated.
- The batter will be very thick and lumpy.
- Heat your griddle and lightly grease it if necessary.
- Use 1/4 c.
- batter per pancake, allowing plenty of space for spreading.
- Cook the pancakes until light brown on one side, flip and cook the other.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or applesauce.