Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
My Mother, Rose, came up with this recipe (I think) It's absolutely fantastic, and healthy!
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour or 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup fruit, fat replacement equivilant
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cook in lightly grease cast iron pan.
- serve with syrup or jam, berries or apple sauce.
Tasted light and slightly sweet---<br/>The recipe made 4 - seven inch pancakes. Used vanilla yogart between the stacked pancakes---sliced like a pie and garnished with sliced strawberry and mint. (uploaded picture).<br/>Will make again---Thank You Ian
Very, very nice pancakes, these! We're big fans of cottage cheese so made the recipe as given & had a nicely satisfying breakfast! I'd made some homemade applesauce just the day before so had that as a topping! Absolutely great! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the All You Can Cook Buffet special]
This recipe sounds interesting but I can't believe I don't have cottage cheese at the moment - will try soon. The fact that you made mention of your Mom, well - that's special. I will try soon. Thanks for posting. Lolly