Recipe by C & D's Mommy
I got this from the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada's website. I thought they looked pretty interesting! My husband claims to not like cottage cheese, but he had no problem enjoying these!
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese or 1 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the cottage cheese, eggs and egg whites in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Combine the wheat germ, flour, cinnamon and salt in a medium-sized bowl; mix well.
- Add to food processor bowl or blender and process until blended.
- Heat margarine in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of batter at a time into the skillet with a spoon.
- Cook the pancakes on each side, for about 1 ½ minutes, or until golden brown.