Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
A light breakfast pancake. [This recipe makes only one serving so you should adjust accordingly. From Dr. Weil.com]
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a whisk until creamy.
- Push the cottage cheese through a wire strainer into the egg in the bowl. Mix well.
- Add the oil and flour. Mix well.
- Lightly oil a skillet and place over low heat. When the skillet is hot, spoon the batter into the skillet making four pancakes. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Cook 2-minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with applesauce, apple butter or your favorite whole fruit jam.
Really good & easy, too! I added some cinnamon & Splenda to mine, and didn't use any oil. Great that this was for one person, too! Thanks for sharing.
What a lovely simple pancake recipe, I did this for brekky & served with maple syrup. The texture was dense but not too heavy, lovely & filling. I will make this again. Thanks for posting!