Recipe by Bec
Adapted from Churchill House Inn in Brandon, Vermont. They are crisp and golden on the outside and creamy on the inside! The cottage cheese gives these pancakes their tangy flavor and creamy texture. Serve with butter and pure maple syrup.
Top Review by GrannyJo
We have been making these Pancakes for years (can't even remember where I found the recipe), and they are easy, tasty, and low carb. Don't tell anyone they have cottage cheese in them, and they won't know!
- 1 cup cottage cheese (from an 8 ounce container)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- vegetable oil, for brushing griddle
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Pulse cottage cheese, eggs, flour and butter in a food processor until just combined (batter will be slightly lumpy).
- Heat a griddle or large heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot enough to make drops of water scatter over its surface, then brush with oil.
- Working in batches, fill a 1/4 cup measure halfway with batter for each pancake, then pour batter onto griddle and cook, turning over once, until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per batch.
- Transfer to a heatproof platter and keep warm in oven until ready to serve.