Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are lovely light pancakes.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- In your blender or food processor combine butter, egg yolks, cottage cheese, flour and salt.
- Blend at low speed until the batter is smooth and no curds remain.
- Beat egg whites stiff but not dry.
- Fold into the cheese mixture.
- Drop batter by the tablespoon onto a lightly greased hot griddle or skillet.
- Shape the pancakes into circles with the back of a spoon.
- Flip pancake when underside is lightly browned.
- Serve with Fruit syrup or fruit preserve or fresh fruit.
Great pancakes!! thanks for sharing.
I thought these were delicious and oh so light! This is a great way to get calcium and protein in at breakfast. I did end up thinning the cottage cheese batter with about a tablespoon of milk before folding in the egg whites. It made it easier to blend smoothly. I served mine with blueberry jam and a dusting of powdered sugar.
wow, these really were great pancakes, tho i didn't feel like the batter made for 4 servings, more like 2. it was a yummy dish all the same. i topped mine with fresh sliced strawberries in addition to strawberry preserves.