Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from The Original Vidalia Onion Cookbook that I received years ago with a gift box of Vidalia onions. While I haven't made these muffins yet, I love muffins and this sounds like something that would be great with a steak dinner. I'm posting it here since I always forget to dig through my cookbooks now that there are so many great recipes online.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons vidalia onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, sugar and baking soda. Then add remaining ingredients, one at at time, in the order listed in the ingredients. Stir to incorporate each before adding the next.
- Fill muffin tins 1/2 full and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes before removing from muffin pan.
- Serve with butter.