Prep 6 mins
Cook 2 mins
I make this for breakfast 3-4 times a month. I usually serve it with a fruit smoothie. My kids realy like this breakfast
- 4 slices bread (try a hearty whole grain bread)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 teaspoons butter
- chili powder (optional)
- ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- Toast bread till crunchy.
- spread with 2 tsp butter.
- spread on 1/4 cup cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle liberally with desired optional ingredients.
I've made this a few times, however I can't bring myself to use the hot spices at breakfasttime. Instead I use cinnamon and splenda. Amazingly filling!
This was good, quick, and kept me full until lunchtime. I liked the dash of spice.
I halved the butter and omitted the chili powder. The cayenne and paprika alone gave it plenty of zing. This made a nice snack for me this afternoon.