This is quick, simple, & tasty. Perfect for a work night when time & energy are in short supply. The cottage cheese makes the meatloaf moist & adds nutrition. (BTW... adding a cup of cottage cheese to a lb of hamburg makes for yummy hamburgers!)
- Combine all ingredients except Parmesan cheese.
- Mix ingredients lightly till well blended.
- Press lightly into an 8 by 8 pan.
- Cover with waxed paper & microwave on high for 12 to 14 minutes, turning dish once (if no turntable).
- Drain fat, if needed.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese & cook uncovered on high for 1- 2 minutes or till cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was sooo good. It might be my favorite meatloaf I've ever had. Cooked it in a 350 degree oven for an hour. Half way through (before the outside browned up) I thought I would have to throw it away. The only thing I did different was add about a tablespoon more of dried onion and about 1/4 c. parmesan inside the meatloaf as well as on top the last 7 minutes of cooking.
I used ground turkey and I cooked at 350* in oven until juices ran clear. I also used Mrs. Dash instead of salt. This was very good, turkey is bland and the spices perked it up. Thanks for posting!.
I agree!!! I think it may be my favorite meatloaf. The cottage cheese really makes it moist! I didn't even add the parmesan and it was delicious. Will be making this one again soon!