1 hr 15 mins
This is ideal for using up leftover cooked chicken or turkey. Just chop it up and mix it in with the cottage cheese. For a vegetarian meal, substitute low-fat cream of mushroom or celery soup for the cream of chicken soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 5 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 large onion, diced (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup shelled walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 9 x 13 in baking dish with nonstick vegetable spray and set aside.
- 3Combine the cottage cheese, egg substitute, egg whites, and soup in a large bowl and mix well.
- 4Stir in the remaining ingredients and spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- 6Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheese Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 358.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup