Recipe by BeckyF
This is ideal for using up leftover cooked chicken or turkey. Just chop it up and mix it in with the cottage cheese. For a vegetarian meal, substitute low-fat cream of mushroom or celery soup for the cream of chicken soup.
- 1 quart nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 5 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 large onion, diced (2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup shelled walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 in baking dish with nonstick vegetable spray and set aside.
- Combine the cottage cheese, egg substitute, egg whites, and soup in a large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.